Do Plasma users know all the useful shortcuts?
when Heiko Tietze and I discussed the usefulness of a user assistance feature that is being considered, we realized that we had very different assumptions about how well users know the keyboard shortcuts that KWin and Plasma offer.
Although I know that the readership of my blog is not exactly representative of the Plasma and KWin user base, I’d like to get at least a rough feeling about whose perception might be closer to the truth. For that, I need your help: I’d like to ask you to do the following:
- Go to System Settings ➡ Shortcuts ➡ Global Keyboard Shortcuts
- Select “KWin” in the “KDE component” dropdown
- Go through the shortcuts which have a “Default” value set and count those which you did not know by heart (or not at all) but think could be useful to you.
- Do the same for the “Plasma” component
- Add the two numbers
- Select the appropriate option in the poll below.
If you know any Plasma users who don’t read Planet KDE / my blog, it would be great if you could link them to this.
P.S.: Sorry for the confusion I might have caused with the picture above. It has nothing to do with Plasma or KWin, actually. I just wanted a nice picture, and I explicitly did not want to show any Plasma or KWin shortcuts in order to not influence the experiment.